The Nebraska Statewide Arboretum provides several publications to its membership. The Seed and Leafings are quarterly publications that are a benefit of membership.
In addition, the GreatPlants Gardener is an annual publication highlighting the "GreatPlants for the Great Plains" program. It contains information about new releases, selections for Plants of the Year, and articles by the top garden writers of the Great Plains.
Nebraska Statewide Arboretum staff also write articles on a regular basis; some of which have been collected into digests organized by topic. Botanical Bits, Simply Trees, and In the Garden contain some of these articles.
In addition to the print publications, NSA staff also maintain a blog, Beneficial Landscapes.
The Sunflower Project interdisciplinary curriculum for grades 8-12, approved and endorsed by the Nebraska Department of Education
The Sunflower Project art curriculum for grades K-12, used by Arts Are Basic as part of their visual arts curriculum.
List of Selected Publications
- 2014 GreatPlants Gardener pages 1-21 and pages 22-28
- In the Garden (current landscape-related articles)
- In the Garden and Botanical Bits (flipbooks)
- Articles by Bob Henrickson
- THE SEED, publications focused on:
- Waterwise Landscapes
- Landscape Challenges
- Bringing Nature Home
- Edible Landscapes
- Sustainable Landscapes
- Water and the Landscape
- The Value of Large Trees
- Mighty Oaks
- Landscaping Nebraska Style
- LISTS OF RECOMMENDED PLANTS
- List of Nebraska Native Trees & Shrubs
- List of Trees for Eastern Nebraska
- List of Trees for Western Nebraska
- List of Oaks for the Great Plains
- List of Elms for Nebraska
- Native Wildflowers & Grasses (flipbook w/ photos)
- Native Woody Plants (flipbook w/ photos)
- Recommended Species for Eastern Great Plains (flipbook w/ photos)
- Recommended Species for Western Great Plains (flipbook w/ photos)
- Oaks for Nebraska
- Leafings Summer 2013